Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Bizz about the Buzz

My dear friends Robyn and Nyarai, this blog is because of the two of you so thanks for the inspiration. 
A couple of days ago Robyn and I decided its best we motivate each other to get our workouts done, and we are both doing a fine job of it!! Robyn is going to the beach in a few days...I WISH I was going - wishing thinking is reason enough for me - and its been fun working out with Robyn in mind!!
Nyarai, who is now running (further and further as the days go by) let me know that Robyn emailed her a very encouraging email to keep at it which she really liked.  NOTHING NICER THAN SUPPORT FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO KEEP YOU GOING!!
Hence this blog; created to help support friends and family who are currently exercising or want to get started.  I hope this will serve as a kick in the butt!!  Please feel free to share your fitness goals and tips, what works for you and what does not so others can learn and get ideas. 
Remember there is nothing easy about working out or making healthier food choices, but someone's got to do it, and that someone is all of us who want to look AND feel "the business"!! No pain - no gain, but believe me when you gain, the pain is so much sweeter!!
So share the buzz about your fitness!!

4 comments:

  1. hay Bri, joined the gym last week!! but i can't fit in my schedule,why???? always something that has to be done,so do u have any tips on excersises that are short and I can do at home,when I can't get to the gym, I also want a banging body!!!

    Goal 122lbs in 7months !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fizz,
    Great to hear you joined the gym!! You got to find the time to go as you are paying for it. The big question for you is how badly do you want to reach your goal? If you decide you are serious then no matter how busy you are you will find 2 or 3 hours in your week to go to the gym. If it means waking up super early and going to the gym for 6am, or going later in the evenings then you do what you have to. What time does the gym open? Robyn can share with you her experience in going to the gym for 5.30am in the morning as its the only time she has to workout. Not easy but she got goals to reach! So it gets done!
    You don't have to go everyday, 2 to 3 times a week, even for 45 minutes each time is good!
    The best thing for you would be to do compound exercises where you work 2 muscle groups at a time e.g a squat with a bicep curl, or a lunge with a shoulder press. Saves you time. We should hook up sometime if you would like a program design around this.
    Running outdoors is perfect for this time of the year, and a lot of moms actually going running outdoors with their babies in the stroller. So although you are busy - you can definitely commit to 2 45 minute sessions at the gym, and one session of cardio.
    What you eat also plays an important part in losing weight and toning! 5 to 6 small clean meals is best. By clean I mean low fat, lean meals and whole foods. Stay away from refined foods as much as possible. I am not saying cut them out completely as its ok to indulge from time to time, just be more aware of what you eat and portion control. Hope this helps! Let me know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, AWSOME!! great tips!! and yeah absolutely I would love to work out a program with you, I would rather pay you than the trainers at the gym, mail me ure rates!!! This compound exercise sounds like something I can do!! I want this on a scale of 1-10......I'm # 7!! willing to what it takes!

    I am goin to the gym now!! I have loooooots of qustions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it to the gym Fizz!!!!! Will email you rates, etc in a few!! We shall get you from a 7 to a 10!! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete